1. Marled Cotton Knit Hat | MBS MFG: I feel like I may be beating a dead horse with this one. My friend Sean owns MBS, a headwear company out of Jersey City, New Jersey. I have been a huge fan out of products since he first started and he has made me a lifetime customer. I recently purchased a marled cotton knit hat and cannot get enough of it - wear it slouchy or cuffed and you will look great and keep warm.
2. Sonicare | Phillips: I haven't owned an electric toothbrush in years and after only a week of use, I can tell a world of difference. Hook line and sinker.
3. App | VSCOcam: First there was Hipstamatic and then there was Afterlight. And now I will only go to VSCO for all of my photo editing needs. The app offers a wide array of filters and has all the tools you would need for fine-tuning the details of your picture. More often than not, I am using this app at least once a day.
4. Lampshades on Fire | Modest Mouse: This song came up on Spotify the other day and I have not been able to stop listening to it. I don't know if it the nostalgia that I feel from listening to Modest Mouse, or the catching lyrics and tune, but this is an instant favorite. Check it out and see what you think.
5. Salads | Farmers Fridge: The one downside about my new job is that most days I find myself running out and buying lunch rather than making it at home. On the positive side, I have been able to discover the Farmers Fridge kiosk at Nordstrom's on Michigan Avenue. They receive fresh produce every morning, make the salads fresh every morning, deliver the salads by 11am and remove any unsold salads. The idea is genius. I had the NORTH NAPA SALAD (Napa cabbage, mixed greens, avocado, organic red grapes, pistachios, dried tart cherries & balsamic vinaigrette) and I have the feeling that I will be frequently the kiosk for future lunch outings.