1. Never Gonna Change by Broods: I recently discovered this group half thanks to my brother and half thanks to Spotify Playlists. I'd imagine if Imogen Heap and The Weeknd had a love child, this is what the result would be. With a strong EP release in January of 2014, we've been able to get a little taste of what their upcoming debut album, Evergreen, will sound like. The album is due to be released in August.
2. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye: Let's face it, guy or girl, you get dark circles and bags under your eyes. Sometimes it feels like I am running around and my eyes show it. This cream from Kiehl's is a great moisturizer and eye recovery cream. Give it a try, I've had great luck with it.
3. iHome Speaker: This has been a must this week in Door County. The internet has been incredibly spotty which means reading, music, and card games has been our main source of entertainment. They are great for down the by water as well. For a small portable speaker, the sound quality is surprisingly good. I purchased mine at Bed Bath & Beyond, but it is available just about anywhere.
4. Colectivo Coffee Hanapú Guatemala: Having worked in a coffee shop and tired more coffee brands than I can recall, I have unfortunately become a coffee snob. It takes a lot for me to be impressed by a new cup of coffee. So when I fell upon Colectivo Coffee's Hanapú Guatemala roast at Good Eggs in Ephrum, WI, I was more than pleasantly surprised. "Grown at elevations from 1,500 to 1,800 meters above sea-level and dried on patios under the Antigua sun, this full-bodied coffee delivers near-perfect, sweet-tart acidity that cuts through flavors of blood-orange, black cherry and Mayan cocoa." Seriously, go buy yourself a pound. It will be a worthwhile decision.
5. New York á la Cart: I love NYC. I love food trucks. And I am so excited to read these stories and try the recipes!