1. It Was Always You: I will admit upfront that no album will ever be able to top Songs About Jane, but I have been a consistent fan of Maroon 5 ever since. Their upcoming album, V, is being released on September 2. The newest single, It Was Always You, seems to be a slight departure from their normal sound but I am excited to hear what the rest of the album sounds like. This song has been on repeat in my car for the last week.
2. Mercer 5-Panel Cap: I own quite a few MBS caps, but this has been my go-to in recent weeks. The more and more I wear 5-panels, I have absolutely become a fan. If you don't own one, go over to Sean's website and order one, they're great!
3. Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon: When I first tasted this bourbon I could not stand it. It was way too harsh. However, a few days ago I tried it with ice cubes instead of whiskey stones and it completely changed the experience for me. The ice slightly watered down the bourbon and made it smooth and full of flavor. Definitely glad that I gave it a second chance.
4. Nutella Crepes: This weekend a few childhood friends and I are going to a crepe place in Evanston to catch up. It reminded me of the time I spent in Paris and the many Nutella crepes that I ate while walking the City of Lights. Can I go back?
5. Chicago Lakefront Trail: I am embarrassed to admit that this past week was the first time I ran outside since moving into Chicago. What happened? I used to run outside 6 days a week! Living in Lincoln Park, I am lucky enough to be close to the Chicago Lakefront Trail and enjoy amazing views while I get my workout in. If you are a runner and live in Chicago - I pray you take advantage of this amazing trail!