1. Chuck Taylors: Every so often I find a pair of shoes that I live in. In high school they were Birkenstocks, in college they were a pair of grey and neon green Nike Shox and currently, I find myself wearing my pair of all black Chuck Taylors as often as possible. They are comfortable. They are slick. They are classic. And they go with just about everything.
2. Tinto de Verano: I was shopping at Trader Joe's yesterday and fell upon something that I had long been looking for since I left Spain six years ago - sparkling lemonade. Tinto de Verano is a drink made up of equal parts red wine and sparkling lemonade. I have tried everything else under the sun - Sprite, 7Up...but nothing was the same. Until now! Thank you Trader Joe's!
3. NutriBullet: I kind of feel like I am cheating on Vitamix with this one... But let's be honest with ourselves here, I am an incredibly broke 27-year old and I don't have the money to go out and buy a $700 blender. So for now I will go with the cheaper, and surprisingly amazing, lesser version. Best of all, I can blend my smoothie in the mug that I take on the go. Talk about convenience.
4. Trader Joe's: New York introduced me to Trader Joe's and I've been forever changed. No, you may not be able to get everything you need here, but you can get pretty close. Best of all, the prices are absolutely reasonable. TJ Favorites? Roasted Gorgonzola Flavored Oven Crisp Crackers, Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus, Cold Brew and the frozen mac & cheese. Last night's dinner? Trader Joe's Mac & Cheese with a few glasses of tinto de verano.
5. Andy Grammer Magazines or Novels: I've seen Andy Grammer in concert a number of times at Ravinia in Illinois and have always been a fan. His most recent album, Magazines or Novels, came out this past Tuesday and it has been on repeat ever since. Simply put, the album does not disappoint. Song after song I find myself blurting out nonsensical words as if I knew the lyrics (I will learn them eventually).