1. One Minute More: The group Capital Cities is known for their breakout hit Safe and Sound. While it's a great song, and easily get caught in my head, it is not my favorite track off their album In a Tidal Wave of Mystery. It's a great midtempo song - perfect for my morning commutes on I-94/294.
2. Water: I say this is one of my favorites knowing very well that I need to drink more of it. Pop, coffee, milk, juice - we are surrounded by endless amounts of beverage options, but at the end of the day, there is nothing more thirst quenching than an iced cold cup of water.
3. Frank Lloyd Wright: My best friend gave me this replica of Frank Lloyd Wright's Heurtley Skylight. I've loved Wright's designs since I was a child and for a while thought that I wanted to become an architect. While clearly I did not go into architecture, I still love his distinctive style and design.
4. Mrs. Doubtfire: Like much of the world I was shocked and saddened by the recent passing of actor and comedian Robin Williams. I grew up on his movies from Hook, Good Will Hunting, Jumanji, Aladdin and Patch Adams. But perhaps one of my greatest childhood memories is watching Mrs. Doubtfire.
5. Casio watch: I bought this watch for $25 when I lived in New York City and wear it at least 2/3 of every week. It's clean, sleek and an awesome throw back. I've had many people tell me that their father's owned the watch back in the 70s and 80s.