A Few of My Favorites...August 2012!
If you couldn't figure it out... AFoMF = A Few of My Favorites (for future reference.)
1. Nutella/Nocilla - This was already in the last post, West Coast Crab Cakes, but I just have to put it in again. I. Love. Nutella. I included Nocilla on this list because it is another product that is very similar to Nutella. While I lived in Spain, I would always keep a jar of Nocilla in my bedroom for nights where dinner was less than appetizing and I was still hungry. It is so delicious! In the last post, I said that Starbucks should make a Nutella latte or frappuccino - I still agree full-heartedly with that statement. I am not sure that it will ever happen, so in the mean time, we can just get a hazelnut mocha (totally not the same thing though...)
2. American Horror Story: Asylum - Ugh, how the heck has Ryan Murphy been able to do this? I, Tommy Engstrom, absolutely hate anything and everything scary. I refuse to have anything to do with it. Scary movies? Nope. Ghost stories? Nope. Maybe it is because I saw Stephen King's movie "It" when I was like 4-years old (to this day I am still scared to death of clowns). None-the-less, I started watching American Horror Story last year and got hooked. It scared the bejeezus out of me, but I couldn't stop watching! I have a feeling this season is going to be the same...and I CANNOT WAIT!
3. Scrivener - This software has been absolutely amazing! A friend of mine (who also happens to be a writer like myself) introduced this to me a few weeks ago. It is a computer software program that makes the writing process more organized and neat. You can have character breakdowns, notes, research, etc all in one place so you never misplace anything. Since I began using it, I have been so much more organized and productive!
4. Mumford & Sons: I Will Wait - I've been listening to this single for a few weeks now and I love it just as much as I did when I first heard it. I cannot get it out of my head! If this is any indication of what the rest of Mumford & Sons new album, Babel, is like...we will have an amazing record on our hands!
5. What Happened to Sophie Wilder - A friend of mine from work just suggested this book to me. I started reading it last night and I cannot put it down! (I started reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay but just couldn't get into it. I'll have to try again later.) All that my friend told me about the book was that it was about writing, love, and faith. It sounded like something I could relate to right now and boy was she right! Check it out!
6. Pumpkin Spice Lattes - Okay, I feel slightly bad here. Wait, not really. I know that pumpkin spice lattes are not yet available for the general population, but being a Starbucks Barista has its perks! Fall is almost here!
7. Sexy Sax Solos - Last night I went to Ravinia for my last concert of the summer. We went to see Roger Hodgson of Supertramp. I knew of the group, but wasn't totally sure that I knew their music. Holy saxophone sexiness! You know those amazingly sexy saxophone solos that are iconic to late 70s early 80s music? Yea, the concert was full of them! I used to play the alto sax in high school and last night made me miss it so much! Another group that features quite a few sax solos is Dave Matthews - sooo good....