What an incredible weekend! Temperatures in the 70s and 80s. Time spent with family and friends. A quick getaway from the city from the holiday. A new Lady Gaga song. Hands down one of the better weekends in recent months.
The sucker for seasons that I am, I get ecstatic when Mother Nature begins changing her tune and showing her new colors for the coming season. This weekend the weather was pure perfection. Sun. Warm. Perfect for time spent outside. Summer in the city? That is all that I am jonesing for right now. And a healthy, refreshing and delicious meal is the ideal addition. Texmati® Brown Rice is the all-natural, whole grain alternative to classic white rice. It's the perfect choice to help keep meals both healthy and delicious.
When I think of summer dishes, I automatically think of bright vibrant flavors. Citrus is a must! Don't be afraid of over doing it with the lime juice in this dish - it pairs wonderfully with the coconut brown rice. Turn on some music, crack open a beer or La Croix, and serve up a dish for your friends and you're sure to have a meal you won't forget!
This post was sponsored by RiceSelect.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Coconut Rice
1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, deveined and peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh lime juice from 3 limes
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
lime zest from 2 limes
coconut rice, recipe below
- Prepare rice before preparing shrimp as it takes about 40 minutes to cook.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic and sauté until garlic is light golden, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp, sprinkle cumin evenly over top, season with salt and pepper to taste and saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss with lime juice, cilantro and lime zest. Serve warm over coconut rice.
1 cup uncooked Texmati® Brown Rice
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups coconut water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bringe to a boil; stir once.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes (feel free to check to make sure that it's not burning to the bottom of the pan).
- Remove from the heat and let stand (covered) for 5-10 minutes.