A few years ago, after living in New York City, I fell across an article published on Thought Catalog. The title? The 8 Reasons I Go To Brunch. I immediately posted it to my Facebook page and shared it with everyone I knew in New York. Boy did it hit home. Here are those eight reasons:
- To Be Seen Eating Brunch
- To Pretend I Have Money
- A Solid Excuse to Day Drink
- To Dull the Pain of Being Poor
- To Blur the Lines of Reality
- To Feel Like a Grown Up
- To Inspire Lists Like This
I couldn't help but laugh at how true it was for so many people living in The City.
Brunching in New York City included sipping on mimosas or Bloody Marys. That is to be expected. It was during this time that my absurd love for a good Bloody Mary developed. Pour me a little vodka, top it will tomato juice and some garnishes....Sweet Mary you've got me hooked for the rest of the day!
Since then I have had my fair share of Bloodys. The good, the bad and the terribly awful. My dad shared this recipe with me and I refuse (okay, that is a sincere lie) to have any other variation on a Bloody. But for real, this is the foundation of any great brunch. Have a few of these incredible beverages and you will be on your way to the perfect brunch.
Looking for some brunch recipes to pair this week? Check out some of the following....
3-4 dashes celery salt 3-4 dashes dill 3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce 3-4 dashes Sriracha 1 teaspoon horseradish 1/4 wedge lemon juice 4 ounces spicy Bloody Mary mix 2 ounces vodka Old Bay Seasoning bacon dill pickle peperoncini olives summer sausage
- Mix celery salt, dill, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, horseradish, lemon juice, Bloody Mary mix, and vodka in a shaker. Top with ice.
- Roll mixture 3-4 time between shaker and serving glass.
- Leave mixture in the shaker and rim the serving glass with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Pour Bloody Mary into serving glass and garnish with a slice of bacon, a pickle spear, peperoncini, olive, and summer sausage.