Here are the cold hard facts: Tommy is a trenta unsweetened black iced coffee kind of guy. I don't like all of the fancy drinks. Don't give me cream or sugar. Don't even think about topping my drink with whipped cream. I don't need all of those flavored syrups. When it comes to my drink order, I would say that I am rather low-key, far from the high-maintenance customers that I used to serve when I worked at Starbucks Coffee after college.
I don't believe my love for coffee will every change, nor do I think I will ever be the type of person that begins to exclusively drink tea. That being said, matcha tea has been everywhere lately. The two drinks that I see most frequently on Instagram are coffee and matcha tea. So, what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't give match a real chance and try it out for myself? I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. What is even better are the health benefits that come from matcha:
- High in antioxidants
- Enhances calm
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Increases energy levels and endurance
- Burns calories
- Detoxifies the body
- Fortifies the immune system
- Improves cholesterol
Now, this does not being I am going to stop drinking my trenta unsweetened black iced coffee. But a matcha tea latte here and there? Yea, I think that's likely to happen.
| Matcha Mint Tea |
6 stalks mint
3 cups water
3 teaspoons matcha
1 cup almond milk
3 teaspoons agave nectar
- In a pot, heat 3 cups of water (do not bring to a boil).
- Once water is hot, remove pot from heat and add mint leaves. Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minute, remove mint leaves and then add in matcha. Whisk for about a minute, until matcha is fully integrated.
- Stir in almond milk and agave nectar.
- Serve hot with a fresh sprig of mint. Enjoy!