Holy cow! Has is seriously already been almost a month since my last post? I have to admit - I knew that my new jobs would take up a lot of time. But I had no idea that it would take up ALL of my free time! With that said, I apologize for the complete lack of new entries in quite some time. Even though I would all day, every day, I really was hoping to get you at least one or two new posts each day. Perhaps this post will be the start of a much better record.
This recipe is something that my grandma used to make all the time. At Halloween, she would throw in some orange food coloring to make the popcorn balls look like pumpkins.
Yes, this too is a short post. For that I apologize. I am just getting back home from a week-long business trip in Orlando. Needless to say, I am exhausted and have tons of things to do before going to work at Shakou tonight! Don't worry though, I am working on some recipes tomorrow, my only free day in a while!
Until next time...happy eating!
Popcorn Balls Makes about 2 dozen.
15 cups popped corn 1/3 cup honey 1/2 cup light karo syrup 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter
- Cook all ingredients over stovetop to 230° F.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Immediately pour over 15 cups popped corn which has been put into a large metal container. (I did not have this, so I used a large plastic mixing bowl.)
- Stir until all kernels are covered.
- Rub butter on hands and form into balls.
- Wrap in saran wrap.