Just one taste of summer, that's all I am asking for. Today it is cloudy and 30 degrees in Chicago. No, it is not terrible. Yes, we have endured much much worse. But I can confidently say that I am over it. Just one taste of summer.
In the year that I've been at my current job, I have heard over and over again how dangerously delicious this certain drink was. A drink that you could easy pound 3 or 4 before ever realizing that you had had a drop of alcohol. Dangerous. So, a few months ago I ventured out of my normal restaurant routine and went to The Capital Grille. The task at hand? To finally try the infamous STOLI DOLI.
Let the record show that the following occurred:
- Tommy went to The Capital Grille.
- Tommy enjoyed 3-4 Stoli Dolis.
- Tommy enjoyed a hamburger.
- Tipsy Tommy most definitely made an appearance.
- Tommy realized that while this drink is in fact dangerous delicious, he had to made it at home.
In my mind pineapple will always be associated with summer. It is just a summer fruit, is it not? So, on this cold day in Chicago, a stoli doli, or two, will be exactly what the doctor ordered to give me that one taste of summer that I am looking for.
1 liter Stolichnaya vodka
- Slice the pineapple into chunks and place into a large container, preferably one with a spigot, such as an ice tea jug.
- You may not need all the pineapple, just enough to fill the jug.
- Pour the vodka over the pineapple using more if needed to cover pineapple.
- Cover, and allow to sit for 3 to 4 days, or longer, to infuse the Vodka with the pineapple juice.
- To serve, pour into a shaker filled with crushed ice.
- Shake well to chill and pour into martini glasses.