This week it finally all catches up with Tommy. I went to work Tuesday morning feeling like absolute horse crap. Sore throat, runny nose, nasty cough, headache up the wazoo. Long story short, I went home sick. And stayed home sick Wednesday as well. I have come to the conclusion that working a full-time job and then having a full-time hobby on the side may not always be the most beneficial for your health. All of those late nights and liters of coffee took their toll. While I am still not back to my full self, I am feeling much better and am very much looking forward to the weekend.
One thing I love about being a blogger is stupidly finding time to browse the world-wide web. Perhaps this is having a negative impact on my sleeping habits... Here are a few things I've stumbled upon this week...
- This is Charles. Charles is my pet killer whale. Move your mouse around the screen and he will follow you. (No really, this is the biggest waste of time, but I just spent the last 10 minutes playing with him before I was able to finish typing this...)
- Words cannot properly express my insane excitement for the opening of Shake Shack's Chicago location. I just....can't.....yea, just go enjoy its goodness.
- Cheese should be a food group in its own right. Now when we start talking fried cheese? I'm done for. This recipe for manchego croquetas from The Sugar Hits! looks to die for. Time to add that to my "to make" list.
- While we're on the topic of food, why not throw in this recipe for a British Breakfast Margarita from Yummertime? I started following this style blog on Instagram a while back and it's become one of my favorites.
- I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never visited Washington DC, being that I got my degree in political science and all... But it is absolutely on my to-do list, good thing Bon Appétit has a list of where I should eat and drink while there.
That's all for this week. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Halloween!