Thank goodness for technology! Just as I decided to sit down and write today's post, my MacBook Pro decided to act up and not connect properly to the internet. So, thank my lucky stars, my iPad was fully charged and I am typing away using only my thumbs. Am I texting this entire post to the world?
My mom has quite the Ina Garten cookbook collection, so needless to say, I've grown accustomed to her style of recipes and food. I have a friend who is a chef at a local restaurant and has told me on multiple occasions, quite bluntly, that she cannot stand Ina Garten. Why? I'm not sure. In Ina's defense, she without a doubt knows how to create delicious recipes, especially for gatherings or parties.
This recipe was quite simple - just the instructions on how to make this chicken. It was a great opportunity to think about the flavors and ingredients and create an entire meal around it. I chopped up some vegetables - peppers, onions, etc, and grilled them with the chicken. I chose to serve it all in top a bed of brown rice, providing a protein, starch, and vegetables.
Today I am off to Door County for 10 days! We will still be having regular updates, so don't worry, you will still be able to get your daily SMAK fix!
Tequila Lime Chicken Recipe from Barefoot Contessa
1/2 cup gold tequila 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes) 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges) 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper (1 pepper seeded) 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves) 2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Remove from the grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.