With Valentine's Day rapidly approaching, it's hard to not get into the mood. Starbucks has added little hearts to their cups. People are playing love songs in the office. There are chocolate hearts and roses everywhere. And the new 50 Shades of Grey movie comes out this weekend.
I stumbled upon an awesome article on The Kitchn called, "10 Things You Should Know Before Getting Into a Relationship with Someone Who Loves Food." It's amazing. Be sure to head over to their site to check it out in full.
10 Things You Should Know Before Getting Into a Relationship with Someone Who Loves Food:
- Treat their knives with respect and they will respect you.
- Saying "I don't care" when asked about dinner plans is not an acceptable answer.
- Just because someone loves eating a raw kale salad doesn't mean they won't like eating a late-night tub of ice cream, too.
- Trust begins with salt.
- Come up with a plan for who washes the dishes as soon as possible.
- You'll come to know the time and dates of your local farmers market. Learn to embrace this knowledge.
- Do not be alarmed by the amount of cookbooks in their home. Do not suggest they "get rid of a couple."
- Share your meal, share your soul.
- Don't be afraid to show your emotions about the foods and dishes you don't love.
- Your communication skills will be tested with grocery lists.
Note: Thanks to The Kitchn for this awesome article and picture.